This SEO stuff – What they hay?!
One bit of online advice contradicts the other.
I know. Because I’m a small online business and I need the powers of SEO like there is no tomorrow.
It’s a scary seo jungle out there.
I’m trying my best to work out the best solutions for my clients and me.
You research until 3am in the morning and return to same at 6am.
You’ve gotta find gold some time.
GIVE ME THE SEO NUGGETS!
No more mucking around trying to work out whose online advice to trust.
FINALLY, you find it – an SEO lotto win.
Things make sense.
No more wasted time on dodgy SEO dudes who are trying to spruce their SEO tools.
The SEO technniques work. You get business. MAGIC.
That’s what I live for.
As a start, to increase my sound understanding of SEO I’ve been going through a list of resources collated by the lovely people over at wordpress.org. The bulk of the advice is specific to wordpress SEO only but it’s certainly relevant to all site types.
Here’s the list…
- The Blogger’s guide to SEO
- Beginners Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- WordPress SEO – The Definitive Guide to Higher Rankings for your Blog
- WordPress SEO – Presentation by Joost de Valk
- SEO for WordPress Blogs – The Complete Guide
- More WordPress Codex Articles on Website Development
- All About Search Indexing Robots and Spiders
- Boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Using Permalinks
- Search Engine Optimized WordPress Themes
- Getting Ready for Search Engine Submissions
- iProspect Search Engine Marketing University
- Search Engine Robots that Search Your Site
- Understanding Search Results Pages
- Website Development Step-by-Step
- SEO For WordPress Tips
- WordPress search engine optimization without code modification
- Google to Yahoo MSN Sitemaps Creator Tool
- Search Engine Optimization plugins for WordPress
- SEO ALT Tag Optimization
- How Can I Drive More Traffic to My blog? (13 tips)
- Two Part Tutorial on SEO using the HeadSpace Plugin for WordPress
- WordPress Silo Site Structure
- Blog SEO – Whitehat SEO for Bloggers in a Nutshell
- WordPress SEO techniques – Page sculpting
Absolutely exhausting isn’t it? But certainly not exhaustive.
A word of warning.
Craziness and loss of vision sets in when you start clicking on one of the many anchor text links within these resources.
You’re tempted because you’re wanting to find that extra SEO gold that might just be lurking on another page they’ve linked to.
Before you know it you’ve landed on a page about Alpacas.
It’ll be a nice read, but it won’t help you with SEO.
So leave it all to me. I’m happy to share the nuggets with you.